Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

Default How much should I pay to rent fully equipped shop space?

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 05:34:15 GMT, Edward Lomax wrote:

Ok... I have to ask....

What type of things would you make in this "small" 1,000 sf shop?
Hobby? Commercial work?

A lot of us would love to have 500 sf... *g*

Hello, Everyone.

Recently, I had the great fortune to meet someone while shopping at a
Home Depot who has a small workshop on her property that has stationary
power tools and is not in use at the moment.

After looking at the space over the weekend, it is on the small side
(about 1000 sq. ft). This shop also comes equipped with a table saw,
drill press, router table, miter saw, and band saw.

During our conversation we did not discuss a rental charge and, frankly,
I got the feeling that I could use the shop for little or nothing.

However, I do not want to rip off this woman and feel as though I should
pay a fair price to use this incredible resource.

My questions for you are the following:

1) If you were the homeowner in this situation, what would you charge
for the use of your shop?

2) If you rent out a similarly equipped shop space, what is your monthly
fee?

Please respond to me directly as well as to this group.

Thanks.

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis