Posted to rec.woodworking
RonB

Default HF Framing Nailer

Can't speak to the framing nailer but I have heard pretty good stuff about
their smaller guns. I sold a used table saw to a local finish-carpenter
last summer. He had started his business on a shoestring budget a couple of
years before and bought a couple of HF nailers (18 and 15 ga. if I recall).
He said he was a little embarrased to use them in front of other carpenters
until he started noticing others use them. Some even carried them around in
discarded Delta or other brand cases.

His looked like a couple of beat-up stockcars but he said they seldom missed
a lick. Pretty good endorsement for the smaller equipment.

RonB

"Andrew Barss" wrote in message

I'm considering getting a Harbor Freight framing nailer. I usually buy
higher-end stuff, but I need this just for the occasional project, and
don't
want to outlay $250-$350 for a Senco, Hitachi, etc.

My question has specifically to do with safety. Is there any reason to
think the chance of injuryt would be greater with a HF nailer than
a better quality one?

-- Andy Barss