Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default HF Framing Nailer

"Ken Muldrew" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote:

Something else to consider for occasional use, a Palm Nailer. It is a bit
slower but takes "any" sized nail, is cheaper, and uses bulk nails.

Is it really more convenient than a hammer (which again takes any
sized nail, is cheaper, and uses bulk nails)?

Ken Muldrew

(remove all letters after y in the alphabet)

Let me go a bit farther with this. I suggested a palm nailer over a framing
nailer for "occasional" use. If you are going to be driving lots of nails
on a regular basis the framing nailer is the way to go as you are probably
not going to buy more nails than you will ever need.
More convenient than a hammer? That's another question entirely and not
asked by the OP that I was responding to. That said however you will
probably finish a 50' fence faster and certainly be less tired when
finished.
More convenient than a hammer for 5 or 6 nails. NO. Hundreds? Absolutely.
The palm nailer also really shines when nailing joist hangers.