Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

Default O.T. cost of having electric disconnected/reconnected to pole.

"dennis@home" wrote in message
. uk...

"Broadback" wrote in message
Me here wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message
I have a very large lime tree bordering a public road that is dying and
needs to be removed. The tree surgeons say the power from the adjacent
pole will have to be disconnected for the work to be carried out, can
anyone please tell me what the charge for that would be (North
Staffordshire).

Contact the local supplier and advise them that there is a tree very
close to their supply line.
Have them inspect it and suggest that you are willing to assist in
removing the tree after their "pruning".

Sadly Me here that will not wash, the tree is not interfering with the
line, it is simply a health and safety matter for the men doing the work.

What sort of power line is it?
Any pictures?

Find some different men who don't mind a shock? ;-)

I had a line that goes under the eaves of a house temporarily pinned to the
wall and wrapped in red plastic whilst the guttering and fascias were
replaced. The cost was zero. I had to give a large window of time so that
they could fit the job in with others in the area. (East Midlands). The
cables feed many houses so that may have influenced the issue - but H&S
seemed to be their concern.