Posted to rec.woodworking
AL

Default HF Framing Nailer

I have a refurbished Porter Cable which I really like. The HF is almost
identical except the surface finish is slightly rougher. I just got an
email coupon saying the 94000 model will be on sale for $60 from June 2-4 in
their stores.

Unlike circular saws, angle grinders and right angle drills (where expensive
ones have electric brakes or safety clutches), I don' think an expensive
nail gun is any safer than a cheap one. For nailers, safety all depends on
you.

"Andrew Barss" wrote in message

I'm considering getting a Harbor Freight framing nailer. I usually buy
higher-end stuff, but I need this just for the occasional project, and
don't
want to outlay $250-$350 for a Senco, Hitachi, etc.

My question has specifically to do with safety. Is there any reason to
think the chance of injuryt would be greater with a HF nailer than
a better quality one?

-- Andy Barss