Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Water Softeners

wrote in message
ups.com...
We are in the market for a new water softener. We tried repairing our
old one but it got too expensive so we are going to buy a new one. So
far the only two brands we've seen are Whirlpool at Lowe's and GE's at
Home Depot. Does anyone know anything about these? The price seems
dictated by how many gallons it will treat...but we don't know anyone
who has used these brands of water softeners. Thanks. We would like
one that will last at least five years.

Why not get one that will last 10 or 20 years? Consider
http://www.ecowater.com/ among other good brands. Look for a dealer on
their web site or the hone book. we use one at work and put a minimum of
8,000 gallons a day, sometimes as high as 14,000 gallons a day through it.
Last week it had its first repair in five y ears of service and it took just
a couple of minutes. Considering the design and simple modular parts
replacement, I expect to get another 10 years out of it, maybe more.

Lowes and HD tend to sell mediocre bands at the lowest possible price, not
the best overall value. Shop around.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/