Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default HALOGEN TORCHIER LAMP HELP

wrote:
I have a halogen torchier lamp that uses the type T bulb. The lamp
will not lite. I've already replaced the lamp but I'd like to make
this a "project." The lamp uses a rheostat type switch and I was
wondering if anyone had any ideas. I was going to use my multi tester
to check to see if juice is getting through. The bulb is new. If no
juice is getting through, should I check the switch next? Anybody know
of any circuitry inside the lamp? I haven't begun to take it apart
yet. Any help will be welcome.

Thanks in advance

phil

Hi,
I consider this throw away item when failed.
Repacing bad sw/dimmer module is tricky job and IMO, not worth the hassle.