Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar

Default Security Grilles

"mark blackall" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am looking for window security grilles (ideally, some sort of wire mesh
system that can be easily removed during the day) for a window I have that
is 5' x 5'.

I have looked at having roller shutters fitted but this is too much money,
so any suggestions gratefully received. I have had a look around but
everything I seem to find is very decorative, I just want a basic system.

Welded steel mesh 10swg (3mm dia) wire in 2" (50mm) squares is the usual
stuff for making security cages. You can buy that from Mirlyn Ltd in Hove
East Sussex 01273 733404, then you only need to weld it to a frame that you
can padlock into place when you need it.

Colin Bignell