Posted to rec.woodworking
Ken Muldrew

Default HF Framing Nailer

"George E. Cawthon" wrote:

Ken Muldrew wrote:
"Leon" wrote:

Something else to consider for occasional use, a Palm Nailer. It is a bit
slower but takes "any" sized nail, is cheaper, and uses bulk nails.

Is it really more convenient than a hammer (which again takes any
sized nail, is cheaper, and uses bulk nails)?

Ken Muldrew

(remove all letters after y in the alphabet)

Ever toe nail anything, especially when it has to
be dead on?

Sure, lots of times. Toe-nailing with a hammer usually isn't much of a
chore unless you're in confined quarters. The main advantage of a
pneumatic framing nailer is speed. Does a palm nailer give you more
speed over a hammer? Does it let you put nails in places where you
can't swing a hammer? I've never used a palm nailer, so I guess I'd
like to hear why one would consider it over a framing nailer (where it
also has some advantages over a hammer).