Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

Default HF Framing Nailer

"Leon"
Something else to consider for occasional use, a Palm Nailer. It is a bit
slower but takes "any" sized nail, is cheaper, and uses bulk nails.

Is it really more convenient than a hammer (which again takes any
sized nail, is cheaper, and uses bulk nails)?

Ken Muldrew

Leon is usually right but I've seen him recommend this approach before and
have to disagree. I too have a palm nailer, its a real blessing when I need
to drive a 16d into an area I can't swing a framing hammer. To me, I love
the feeling of "slinging steens" and the hassle of a palm nailer to drive a
bunch of easily reached nails is not worth it.

Dave

http://www.usenet.com