Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L

Default Security Grilles

mark blackall wrote:
Hi All,

I am looking for window security grilles (ideally, some sort of wire
mesh system that can be easily removed during the day) for a window I
have that is 5' x 5'.

I have looked at having roller shutters fitted but this is too much
money, so any suggestions gratefully received. I have had a look
around but everything I seem to find is very decorative, I just want
a basic system.

Get down to a builders merchant and get some mesh for concrete
reinforcement, the bars are usually about 8mm, although they do come in
different diameters....the 'holes' range from 100mm up to about 250mm.
You'd have to have a channel for it to sit in at the bottom and padlocks on
each side and top to prevent it being removed.
You'll probably have to give it a couple of coats of paint to prevent it
rusting (any further!)
Is it going inside or outside the house?