Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Dawson

Default Duty cycle a joke!

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
What would you suggest then? I have been able to find very few mixer
showers that can accomodate exposed pipework down the wall (the shower
has to go on a working chimney breast so recessing the pipes probably
won't be a good idea).

My mother has a Mira 415 with exposed pipework, so they are available. I
couldn't really recommend the Mira, though. Not only is it expensive and
non-thermostatic, it has a single knob control which means that you can't
set the temperature once and forget. You have to fiddle with it each time.

Christian.

I have to disagree with you Christian, I have a Mira 415EV and it is
fantastic. About two years ago I started muttering about my crap electric
shower, I live in Portsmouth and we have poor flow rates. I was expressly
forbidden to replace the electric shower, so I waited until SWMBO went
shopping. 1.5 hours later we had a lovely powerful ( in comparison) shower.
I needed it as I was in the sh@* when SWMBO got home, but it was not long
before she agreed, only about 12 months and never in public.

So basically I like my Mira.

Steve Dawson
(And that is where I am going now, goodnight)