Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus

Default Joining MDF?

On Wed, 31 May 2006 19:44:34 GMT, Pat Barber
wrote:

He is talking about VENEERED mdf, which is used in the
U.K. and all over europe because of cost. It is also
used extensivly here in the USA by a LOT of furniture
manufactures.

Many folks have no idea they are looking at MDF when
they see the finished product.

He is NOT talking about raw mdf sold in home centers.

Sure man, I got it- no need for the excessive emphesis. We use
veneered MDF at work, I just didn't catch it in the original post the
first time through.

In that case, it's pretty simple to countersink and screw it together,
and then make a nice frame to cover the edges and screw holes.

Alternately, it seems to hold together ok with simple miters with or
without biscuts, especially if there is some other internal structure
with better joinery to re-enforce it.