Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon

Default cooling upstairs with ac - it's too hot

twenty_over wrote:
Can anyone offer suggestions as to how I can get the upstairs cooler, the ac
works great on the first floor but it stays too darn hot in the bedrooms
upstairs. I have a 2,300 sq ft colonial.

Thanks for any help!
Tom W.

And we now nothing about the cooling season where you live.

Gulf Coast and Desert Southwest have RADICALLY different cooling needs
than Maine, North Dakota, Montana.......

Desert S/W gets months worth of 90+ with low humidity, Gulf Coast gets
months worth of 90+ temp 90+ humidity,

More insulation in the attic over the upstairs bedrooms, window
film/shades/curtains to cut radiant heat into the bedrooms will all help.

Closing off doorways to the downstairs at night will keep cool air upstairs,

And yes, depending on where you live, adding window units MAY prove to
be economic.