Posted to rec.woodworking
Deb

Default Joining MDF?

John B wrote:
G'day Deb,
There are lots MDFobia's out there, but used properly it is a great
material that can do a lot of things that solid timber can't.
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do ???
Biscuits join MDF well so do screws and glue.
If using it for legs or other parts of furniture that touches the floor
put glides on the bottom of the legs. This allows the object to be moved
easily and stops water damage when the floors are mopped. If using it in
damp areas such as bathrooms, laundry etc. use HMR.
Perhaps if you can post a sketch I may be able to be of more assistance.
regards
John

Did try to send a full plan but this group would not let me use
attachments, so did the every poor sketch found in the first post. :-(

Can post to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking, with a picture, or plan,
would that be ok or may I email you direct?

Thanks for the help so far Deb