Posted to alt.home.repair
John Gilmer

Default Recharge my home's own A/C

"Rick" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a manifold set and 30lb can of R-22 refrigerant and need to top
off my home AC system that seems to need a recharge every 3-4 years.
Is there a do-it-yourself guide that shows how to locate the low
pressure recharge point and steps a repair person through it?

While I go along with the posters who say: 1) FIX the leak first; and 2)
hire a professional.

If you want to try, you will often find instructions inside the unit on how
to charge it. In addition to the gauges, you will need a fairly accurate
thermometer. You will also have to educate yourself on the meanings of the
technical terms: "Super Heat" and "Super Cooling."

If you play nice there is a very slight chance that the "pros" on alt.hvac
will give you WAGS on "typical values" but be prepared for some very nasty
replies if you venture there.