Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Troublesome flourescent fixture rapis start ballast

mstrspy wrote:
I recently replaced my "over the kitchen sink" light fixture with a
rapid start (no starter) fixture. The bulb will not ligh up unless I
jiggle the bulb. This of course is unacceptable. There is one
problem with the circuit that I think could be the culprit. There is
no grounf wire in the loop. Does this type of fixture absolutelly need
to be grounded?

By code, I believe it is required.

For safety, it needs to be grounded

For function it needs to be grounded (that is likely why the light is
difficult to start)

It may be that cheap lamp sockets are the problem.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit