Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default A COC's annual memorial to our fallen tools

"Arch" wrote in message
My new catalogs have arrived and it's Memorial Day, so it's time for my
annual memorial to the tools, gadgets and perpetrations that died hidden
away in the back of bottom drawers in our shops, never to be used or
seen again. They weren't the "greatest generation", but they weren't
all bad. Some were merely misguided hopefuls, some just badly behaved
miscreants, but some committed misdemeanors, even felonies. Many of you
are too busy to DIY, others are tool junkies so YMMV, but here's my
list: R.I.P.

SNIP List

Ol' Blue entered semi-retirement in the garage this morning. His stand is
dismantled, and a replacement under construction. I actually still have the
metal one that came with, in the shed.

He goes to the big kid when he Leaves Iraq in October. Seems fitting, as
we used to make his first tuition payment every year with stuff made on
Blue.