Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Keeping Walls Clean - clear plexiglass sheet?

On Sun, 28 May 2006 13:29:10 GMT, Anthony
wrote:

none wrote in
:

I just inherited responsibility for a small prototyping shop at my
office. The walls are very dirty around the milling machine. I'm
planning to get them repainted, and was wondering if it is worthwhile
cover them with clear polycarbonate (or whatever) to make them more
washable.

Smoked Poly carb looks better, or you can go with 1/4" PVC sheet.
Either will keep the junk off the wall and make for an easier clean up.
The problem with poly carb is the scratches will show more readily from
wiping chips off of it, while the PVC sheet sort of hides them.

A number of my shops simply buy a roll of linoleum floor covering and
glue it to the walls. Works just hunky dorry and is cheap. Easy to
clean and rugged enough.

Gunner

"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be
as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment
is to gull**** in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at
all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in
sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration,
knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure
but enriches it."

- Onni 1:33