Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default A/C Electrical Install

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
I wouldn't bother with the 125 amp main unless you found you needed it, and
the wire size probably wouldn't take it. Use larger conduit than you think
you need. You'll need a mortgage right now for the wire, and I wouldn't
bother with a fused disconnect, unless a local code requires it, just use a
60 amp pullout. The 40 amp main will protect it as per the specs

Good advice on the conduit. I've tried to pull tight runs before and it's
a nightmare. As well, my code doesn't require a fused disconnect so the
pullout style might just be the way to go.
Cheers,
cc