Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default NiCad Battery Packs?

"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a source for NiCad batteries with solder tabs that would be
suitable for rebuilding tool battery packs?

Yes, but as we don't know where in the world you are it's impossible to be
specific. If you are UK based try www.strikalite.co.uk. They sell tagged
cells which can be soldered.

The cells are about 1 5/8"
x 7/8" and probably 2100mAHr.

I don't want to overheat the cells with direct soldering. Don't own a
spotwelder. I want solder tabs.

Thanks!

Normal NiCads or NiMH can be soldered without significantly affecting their
performance or longevity. Score or sand the ends to be soldered and use a
very hot iron, preferably a temperature controlled one, and solder as
quickly as possible. I routinely use standard cells to repack my comms
equipment battery packs (they're very cheap on eBay!) and have yet to damage
a cell. I use normal stranded wire to join the cells together when space
allows, which is about 95% of the time.

Dave