Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob S.

Default Craftsman riding mower question

gntry wrote:
I just acquired a used 10 hp 36" deck riding mower. My question is the
motor, I can't find a single sticker, placard, stamp of any kind telling me
what brand motor it is. I believe it's a Briggs&Stratton but I can't tell
for sure. It has one sticker on it that says Craftsman. Didn't all the older
Craftsman riders come with a B&S? I'm tring to find a replacement muffler.
The one attached is the oddest looking one I've ever seen.

I have a Craftsman 10 hp rider with a 30" deck. The mower was made for
Sears by Murray and the engine is a B&S. It does have a somewhat odd
muffler like an inverted "L", held on with 2 bolts thru a strap plus a
side tab w/bolt. If that matches yours, the part # is 33280A.

Bob S.