Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default air compressor motor dies

Assuming it's a single phase capacitor start motor, I'd guess the starting
capacitor is dead

"joemik" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I am having some trouble with my ingersoll rand air compressor. It
charges up to 110 psi with no problems and as long as I don't use any
air tool I will have no problems. The problem is that when i do use any
air tool, even just for a couple seconds, the air compressor motor will
just turn off. It doesnt sound like there's a load on the motor when
this happens, it doesnt slow down a little bit then stall. its more of
as if someone just turned off a switch. I was hopeing someone could
help me out here because I am stumped. BTW, i just replaced the
unloader valve because i thought that was the problem but the same
thing was happening with the new unloader. Any Ideas??