Andrew McKay

Default Moving Electric Sockets from skirting to wall

On 9 Jul 2003 16:37:52 -0700, (Charlie)
wrote:

What are the regulations covering this?

The 16th edition wiring regulations for starters.

Could I respectfully suggest you get a qualified sparky in to take
care of this job? Reason being that as the house is being leased out
you will want/need the comfort of certificates confirming that the
installation meets the 16th edition regs - the insurers may insist
upon that anyway.

Now you could do the work yourself and then call in a sparky to do the
certification, but I'm perhaps slightly concerned that if you aren't
familiar with the regs then this might not be a good option.

Nothing wrong with inviting a qualified sparky round for a quote
anyway.

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at
http://www.handymac.co.uk