Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

Default custom made bar pins

On Fri, 26 May 2006 11:58:18 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On 26 May 2006 07:15:06 -0700, "ellegante"
wrote:

hi!
thanks so much for the info, the shop is amazing however, and only
to further develop my despair and suffering, they don't sell
worldwide!!!! I live in the UK (starting to hate this country!)...
after some more hours of intensive search on the web for online shops
with stem pins that long, or with stem pins full stop..., i couldn't
find a single one!! Now i'm just gonna have to post another add asking
if someone would be so kind as to be by "US delivery address" and to
post me the items...of course with "expenses for the trouble paid"!!
The most ridiculous thing is that even with all this trouble and "extra
expenses" its still very profitable to buy on the states...
Anyway thank you again
john

How many do you seek and how much of a hurry are you in? If just a
few small items, I'll be having visitors from the UK here (US) in a
couple of weeks and my wife will be going to the UK again in August.
I have no idea what a stem pin or bar pin is.

Jewelry component parts, in this case it sounds like the straight
pin with hinge and a bar backing with the swivel latch gizmachi. You
solder or braze it to the back of the finished pin before final
plating and finishing. They also plastic-weld the exact same part to
the back of laminated engraved plastic name tags, and the plastic
oozing through the punched holes in the bar backing holds it on.

Keep searching, John - there are specialty companies out there that
pound out these findings by the million, and sell them wholesale to
fine and costume jewelry makers. Search for companies in and around
Providence, Rhode Island, as that town is a nexus for jewelry
manufacturers in the USA.

The problems with international deliveries will stem from either
shipping and customs hassles, or the supplier getting paid hassles.
Both can be overcome with some patience.

-- Bruce --