Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie b

Default Spalted Maple Finishing

larry wrote:

What NO BABIES we should get a class action suit going against
Johnson&johnson et al for false advertising. 8]] Larry

When the Markting Folks get their hands on anything the truth
has a way of slipping away - rapidly. Then there's the Lost in
Translation thing. Take "Tao de Ching". In chinese is pronounced
dao de jing. It should be pronounced "dung oil" but I guess the
marketing boys thought no one would by it with tha name.

I've looked into several commonly availble finishes and my
extensive research clearly shows how misleading finish
naming can be.

http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/...finishing.html

Note that the method of applying a finish can be quite
tricky. Some require virgin sheep wool, not so easily found
these days. (is that a Sheep Joke? Baaaaaaa -d!)

charlie b