Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH

Default Radial Arm Saw Table Fence...

Todd wrote:
Thanks for the input.

I was actually thinking that a DADO would work well, since it would be
about an inch deep in a inch and a half thick table (not including the
replacable table top.)

The problem is, I don't have the clamps for the fence. The saw came to
me free, and used, and it didn't have the clamps on it. I figured I
could get away without it. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I
can do in place of those clamps to hold a fence in place?

On my Craftsman they are just two 1/4" wing bolts that go through threaded
steel "L"s that are mounted on the frame at the back. To clamp, the wing
bolts are turned so that they push the back table toward the fence.
Wouldn't be hard to make, would be far more convenient if they could be
turned from the front of the saw.

You could also secure both front and back tables to the saw frame leaving a
gap sufficient for the fence and wedges.

A nicety...
Sawdust accumulates on the table at the fence and you can't make accurate
cuts with it there. Your life can be easier if you attach some inverted
1/4" or 1/2" ply "V"s to the back of the front table so that there is a gap
between it and the fence; thus, much of the sawdust will fall through by
itself and what doesn't is easy to get rid of.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...