Posted to rec.woodworking
Hambone Slim

Default Radial Arm Saw Table Fence...

"Todd" wrote...
Anyone have any suggestions as to what I
can do in place of those clamps to hold a fence in place?

Todd:

I just use a scrap piece of cherry, planed straight, mebbe 2" wide by 3/4"
high. Screwed to the top. It's a good idea to make the fence adjustable
for square, and replacable so when you start making mitre cuts or dados or
whatever, you can move the fence to eliminate the cut parts, or just replace
it. IMO, the dado would be unnecessary and make the fence hard to adjust for
square, or to move backward or forward if you should decide you want that.

Also, the saw blade should be entirely behind the face of the fence. You
don't ever want to put a thick piece of lumber up to the running saw and
have it touch the blade. On my saw, the blade is about an inch back from
the face of the fence.

--
Timothy Juvenal
www.rude-tone.com/work.htm