Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Low water level in toilet bowl.

I have a new home (built in 2001) and have a toilet in the 1/2 bath
downstairs that has a very low water level. There are no leaks. I
have heard that if I adjust the float upwards, so that the resevoir
holds more water, the level of the bowl itself will rise. The problem
is the float is already maxed out. To raise the level I will have to
replace the float and drain pipe in the resevoir (since the level is at
the top of that drain as well).

My question to the group is this: Will increasing the water level in
the resevoir actually fix my problem and if not what can I do to fix
this problem?

Thanks.