Posted to alt.home.repair
Keith Williams

Default Hardwood floors

In article om,
says...
Should you install the first floor hardwood going all in the same
direction? Hallway, Livingroom, Kitchen and Familyroom.

Generally the way it looks best. I did mine last year (bamboo,
actually) so the foyer is parallel to the joists and the rest is
perpendicular. Generally, I think it looks better to have the
boards running with the eye rather than across. Running the bamboo
crosswise across the foryer and entry hall made the downstairs look
cut up and small. The change of direction where the entry mall
meets the main hall doesn't look bad at all.

--
Keith