Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field

Default Cross for 2SA49

Backspace past "pdf" to get at the folders - change the "200to299 in similar
format to navigate.......

http://www.nteinc.com/specs/200to299/

Use DAP to queue downloads as many at once as you like.

http://www.download3k.com/Download-A...-dap8.exe.html

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a suspect transistor in the MPX circuit of an HK330A receiver
that is not decoding stereo. The one in question, 2SA49, crosses on
the NTE site to an NTE126. I provide the specs for the 2SA49 and the
NTE126. Is this a good substitution? Might there be a less espensive
option (NTE126 is $4.86 or so).

2SA49 (PNP Ge)
Vcbo=-18V
Vebo=-12V
Vceo(sat)=?
Ic=-5mA
Pc=60mW
fT=?
hfe=30-200

(From the Japanese Transistor Manual
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/search.php?q=2SA49)

NTE126 (PNP Ge)
Vcbo=15V
Vebo=2.5V
Vceo=15V
Ic=100uA
Pc=150mW
fT=300Mhz
hfe=40

http://www.nteinc.com/specs/100to199/pdf/nte126.pdf

From what I have learned so far, the important parameters for this

application are Ic, fT, Vceo. Do I have enough information to select a
sub? Also, what is the significance of the negative values indicated on
the 2SA49 spec sheet, does this impact how I would install the
replacement?