Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Emmo

Default Steam

I apologize Mike, I did not intend to be disparaging. It does seem to me
that you have a continuing sourcing issue, however. If I recall correctly,
you wanted the coke because you were planning on making steel or casting
iron or something like that in order to make a lathe or mill or some kind of
machine. The coke was far away, so I tried to give you a local source, but
maybe I was wrong.

You needed the biodiesel fuel to modify the truck to go get the coke, and,
since I assumed that you had found the same difficulties that others have in
locating used cooking oil, I was asking if you were now looking at steam as
an alternative, since coke is easier to find than used cooking oil, even if
you have to drive hundreds of miles to get it...

But I guess I was wrong, as I'm not really paying that much attention...

I have gone the other way myself; I have just put a 360 Magnum motor into my
Jeep to replace the 318 that was in there. I like burning gasoline, and I
would like to burn more of it, if I could find a 52mm Holley throttle
body...

Good luck in whatever you end up actually doing...

"MikeMandaville" wrote in message
ups.com...
Emmo wrote:

Ever find a source for that cooking oil that is supposed to be so
plentiful?

Emmo, I am sorry to inform you that your idea that I should source
waste for your Mercedes-driving "friend" does not in any way obligate
me to do so. He will have to get off his lazy ass and do so himself,
and he certainly will not do so by calling up one or two Tex-Mex
restaurants. Please do your homework before you start shooting off
your mouth.

Is that why you are looking at steam?

Is _what_ why I am looking at steam? Emmo, you obviously think that I
should think for you, and complete your sentences, in order to help you
to disparage my character. As you have said, you can be wrong.
Especially when you work so hard at it.