Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
jd

Default Which receptacle?

I wired (actually pre-wired) everything in 10gauge wire (at least where I
expected to need 220s). I leave the wires dead (run, but not into the
breaker box, and ending in an outlet box with nothing in it). When I finaly
manage tog et up the scratch for the tool, I read the owners manual, get the
appropriate recptacle and breaker, and install them.

I have tools that want 30 amp, 40 amps, and I think even a 20 amp (I might
be wrong on that one - this is from memory). The way IO figure it, the guys
that design the motors and tools know what they're doing a lot better than I
do. I use their specs.

--JD