Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default Which receptacle? (a COC's long response)

Well said--Nuff said, Steve, You are going to have fun with the Jet,
just don't plug it into one of your 220s. (won't I ever learn that
icons don't neutralize my well meant, but distorted humor. 'G') Anyway,
a warm welcome, please share your turning experiences with us and post
'early & often'.

Like a cameleon, I'll change colors and suggest a wiring caution to any
electrically challenged DIYer that might be reading this: Remember that
when 110V power is taken from opposite legs of the panel and distributed
to outlets near one another there is 220 volts between the hots. I was
appalled to see this in an early day intensive care unit that had
several two conductor extension cords running about.

To continue giving advice that I advised others not to , I don't know
if they are expensive or up to code, but should you consider the
adapters used to connect motor homes & travel trailers to the various
power outlets at different campsites?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter