Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default Which receptacle? (a COC's long response)

Steve, COC is a group of crotchety old coots and my poorly put post more
than lived up to the name for which I apologize.
Thanks for understanding my intent and I hope the others who answered
your query will also. I have a misguided tendency to post to the
general NG which sometimes comes over as critical of an individual.
Also, I tend to change my opinions often (see my web site), ex: I've
posted electrical advice myself in the past, once having having taught
medical electronics & telemetry and started a small R&D company,
"Medical Measurements" which is now lost somewhere in Johnson & Johnson.
Nobody likes a holier than thou, patronizing post that presumes to know
what's best for others. With your background you had good reason to be
piqued.

Actually I did understand your question and thought it clearly put. I
was wrong to impugn your competence by jumping to the wrong conclusion
that you were inexperienced else you would have seen for yourself the
various kinds of plugs on the machine tools displayed in stores.

I should have known that not every place has the stores we have in this
area and not everyone has the time to visit them. I was even wrong to
assume that you are in the U.S. and not the U.K. where the plugs are
different and the standard is 230V,

Sincere congratulations on your well thought out new shop.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter