Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Default Little house of horrors

In article , John
wrote:

I do like the program and agree that rouges should be 'named and shamed' but
sometimes I think the examples are programme biased.

Always the way in TV. I would normally take any opportunity to knock the
aerial cowboys featured. I agree that he was a con artist, but take issue
with the fact that "A new aerial was not required". Maybe in the strictest
sense, but we would have advised that the aerial was obviously a cheap
"contractor" type and so would be unsuitable for reliable digital
performance, bearing in mind the analogue closedown not far away. She would
then have had the option of repairing the existing rig. or replacing to full
digital spec.

One other point was the lashing. If he had replaced that, he would have been
critisised for more non required work! If it was in good condition, there
would be no need to replace it. The brief glimpse I saw, looked fine, but
maybe it was u/s?

--
AJL