Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Husvar

Default Electricitous Mouse Trap

In article ,
pyotr filipivich wrote:

Nope. I'll read just about anything printed in English, and will
puzzle at German till the brain fogs up.
In Russian, I'm reduced to sounding out the words, and hoping something
sounds familiar.

Yep. I can manage to read French, German, some Italian, Tex-Mex and
Spanish, and can puzzle out some Russian because it borrowed a lot of
words from other languages and just writes them in Cyrillic. (sp?)

Don wrote:

I'd be willing to bet that both of you have seen, and done your absolute
damnedest to avoid shedding a tear while saying "It's just not fair!",
over the "old series" Twilight Zone episode "Time Enough"?

Scared the hell outta me until my eyes got to where I read better
without lenses than with.

But, yep, I could really sympathize with the poor character.

He maybe could have gone to some pharmacies and got reading glasses or
found an optometrist shop and tried leftover glasses until something
worked. In that scenario he'd have had endless opportunities because
there would have been nothing to hinder him except his eyesight. (Well,
and maybe a bit of hard radiation.

--
Bring back, Oh bring back
Oh, bring back that old continuity.