Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default String Trimmer line

On Wed, 24 May 2006 15:32:05 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Leo
Lichtman" quickly quoth:

"Roy" wrote: (clip) It would never ever break justy keep stretching and
welding itself to each other on the spools, (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have given up on all the self-feeding spool systems. Not only does the
string weld to itself inside the spool--it always breaks just at the feed
hole, requiring the spool to be disassembled and rethreaded. I now use the

The Husky tap-head is a self-feeder and I've never had a weldup on it.
I've been through several spools each of orange, green, and now the
titanium line, too. The titanium line lives up to its longevity
boasts and is the best line I've used yet.

types of cutting head where you cut off several inches of string and stab it
into the holes. You can use heavy string that way, which lasts longer, and
you can replace the worn or broken pieces in seconds.

The new DR mower my neighbor just bought has those and I hate them.
With the exception of the beaded line, the line always slips out.

---
In Christianity, neither morality nor religion comes into contact
with reality at any point. --FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE
- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development -