Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default Removing friction polish from eyeglasses......

"Brent" wrote in message
ups.com...
I suppose
there is some kind of solvent that I can use to remove the polish
without damaging the rest, but I'm not brave enough to test it out
unless others have used such. Now the question remains - what should I
do/use to remove it?

Thanks!

I'd start by figuring out what I had on them. Lacquer-based polish or
shellac-based will make a difference. That way when you find your optician
s/he'll be able to interpret your needs better. Acetone should do for
lacquer if the coatings will tolerate it, and for shellac, an alkali soak
would be enough. Length of soak compensating for strength of solution. LDD
ought to work....