Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pyotr filipivich

Default Electricitous Mouse Trap

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Don Bruder wrote
on Tue, 23 May 2006 07:15:39 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
In article
,
John Husvar wrote:

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

On Tue, 23 May 2006 00:17:23 -0700, Don Bruder
wrote:

Not bragging - simply presenting a data-point for comparison - but I
burn up the typical 300-ish page paperback in about 3-4 hours routinely,
and once went through Stephen King's "complete and uncut" version of The
Stand in less than 14 hours. I started re-reading Frank Herbert's "Dune"
series (Dune, Dune Messiah, Children Of Dune, and God Emperor of Dune)
last night. I finished Dune this morning, after about 4 hours of "sit
down and read" time. After about 2 hours or so of Dune Messiah, I'm a
bit less than 2/3 of the way through. If I go at my usual speed, I
expect to be finished with Children of Dune, and at least partway
through (if not done with) God Emperor of Dune before daylight on
Thursday.

Same here. The bitch of it is..you run out of book long before you
want to.

Yep. Serious PITA, haunting flea markets and garage sales for books you
haven't already read. Caught myself reading one of a friend's freakin'
bodice ripper books once. Fortunately, I stopped and ran away screaming
before the brain injury was permanent. I think. I hope.

Then again, I do read misc.survivalism daily at least -- and milk
cartons, cereal boxes, documents on peoples' desks from the wrong side,
missing child/dog/cat/guinea pig flyers, etc. etc. etc.

So I'm *NOT* the last omnivorous reader on the planet!

Nope. I'll read just about anything printed in English, and will
puzzle at German till the brain fogs up.
In Russian, I'm reduced to sounding out the words, and hoping something
sounds familiar.

I'd be willing to bet that both of you have seen, and done your absolute
damnedest to avoid shedding a tear while saying "It's just not fair!",
over the "old series" Twilight Zone episode "Time Enough"?

--
pyotr filipivich.