Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin

Default Shade Sails - anyone used one?

On the downloadable D-I-Y instructions
http://sailshadeworld.co.uk/shapes/D...Structures.pdf
They do urge on the side of caution when choosing mounting points
because....
"In instances of poor weather and strong winds, the loads placed on the
sail are enormous, and should not be underestimated."

I have seen similar things in the UK.
One such beast is outside the local "VUE" cinema. It's a massive
structure and has been there for quite a number of years now.

Pete
http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.

I've been looking at a few different suppliers and the instructions all look
suspiciously similar, implying a common supply or overt copying

Most have the 'consider the effect of high wind when selecting site' get out
statement but I'm not sure if this is a arse covering exercise or a tangible
risk.

The sail I'm looking at is 5m triangular and I would install it with an
inbuilt slope, high to low.

Anyway, apologies for my poor selection of web site to give an example.
There were plenty of others I just picked a bad 'un.

Cheers all