Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

Default Subfloor repair

"Barry" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks... I will get the hanger in there...somehow.... The exhaust
pipe you can see in the insulation will requite use of 2x4 .... by
looking at it.... butI will measure and try for a 2x6 if I can..

How do I get the new sub under the flange.. work around it with 2
pieces making up the new sub floor ....or cut the flange out and redo
the PVC?

I have done it both ways more than once. One each in the same bathroom. .
I think in the future working with ABS or PVC I will always cut the pipe
and add a coupling somewhere. It just makes life simpler that way. If it
is in an exposed location (crawlspaces are exposed) you can use a Fernco
rubber coupling to reconnect the pipe. They cost 5-6 bucks but they sure
are easy to work with.

I hang around here a lot but make note of my email address, remove the
obvious, and contact me direct if I miss one of your posts. Mention
alt.home.repair in the subject because I delete a lot of crap without ever
looking at it.

Colbyt