Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Indirect Pandora Heatbank and Man Micromat/Boiler compatability

On Tue, 23 May 2006 09:13:34 +0100, wrote
(in article .com):

Thanks Andy, I slightly misunderstood the wiring side of things. DPS
confirmed that the cylinder stat used is a Danfoss ITC 100 and that it
does operate on a low voltage which can be fed into the low voltage
rail of the boiler (I also checked the specs on Danfoss' website).
Interestingly I considered opting for 2 stats to avoid unecessary
cycling but the techie chap at DPS suggested that on a priority system
you would be better off having the boiler fire up asap to bring the
store back up to temperature and therefore 1 stat would be better
suited?

That sounds reasonable

As regards the RE2132 controller I wonder if you could give me your
view on it's necessity as re-reading your previous posts suggested that
the outside weather compensator and TRV's on the rads would do a
satisfactory controlling job of the heating side of things? SWMBO
likes the ability to override/amend temperatures so the boiler in the
loft doesn't lend itself well to frequent adjustments so some form of
remote controlling is desired, however, potentially the RE2132 is a
little over the top for my application and a more mainstream solution
(Honeywell CM67 is favoured by Eco Hometec) would be better suited?
Cost is a consideration but not a major factor in the overall cost of
the the whole system if the functionality of boiler is better suited to
the RE2132?

Again the difference is that a CM67 is an on/offf controller whereas the
RE2132 gives actual temperature information to the boiler.

You can do all of the temperature adjustments on the RE2132 and don't need to
touch the oiler once its basic settings are done

Thanks
Robin