Posted to alt.home.repair
Greg

Default Water shutting off

Our water has been shutting off the last few weeks. It does it when we
are using alot of water and when we just get home and use it. We have to
move the lever on the control box with a tap on and it starts up again
right away and it will then work fine for a few days and shut off again.
Sometimes it will do it a couple of times a day. I am new to wells, etc.
so I have no idea what to try to fix it. The well is 110' deep and there
is a tank and control box inside the house. I have noticed the water
pressure has gone down over the last year, although nobody else in the
house seemed to. We have lived here 3 years and never had a problem
before. Is there anything I can try before calling a plumber?