Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Brent

Default Removing friction polish from eyeglasses......

I did the silly procedure of turning on my lathe while there was still
a good amount of wet friction polish on my piece. Of course, I was
standing right in front of the piece, and the force made some of the
polish fly off and some droplets hit my glasses. I expounded my
stupidness my not wiping off the polish from my glasses right away, and
now it's "permanetly" stuck. Being very persistant, a light fingernail
scratching proved futile. Using a sharp object such as a razor blade is
out of the question, as this would scratch the surface. I suppose
there is some kind of solvent that I can use to remove the polish
without damaging the rest, but I'm not brave enough to test it out
unless others have used such. Now the question remains - what should I
do/use to remove it?

Thanks!