Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default run car on moonshine

On Tue, 23 May 2006 18:23:07 GMT, Dave Lyon wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

Perhaps, but no reason to go for 200. And if it's wintertime, that
"waste heat" just heats your house so it's not wasted...

It's also untrue. That myth was started by one study that was underwritten
by the oil industry.

What? (shock) You mean the oil company would spread FUD about a
competing technology? You can't be serious!

You do need to go for 200 proof if you're going to denature with gasoline
(which seems to be the preferred method)

I'm not sure I believe that. When you put Heet into your gas tank, is
not the alcohol making the water harmless to your engine? What happens
if you burn, say, 75% ethanol with 25% water?