Posted to alt.home.repair
L. M. Rappaport

Default Chipper/Shredder Recommendation

On 22 May 2006 02:31:55 GMT, Mac Cool wrote (with
possible editing):

I could use a good chipper/shredder. Anyone have a recommendation from
personal experience? or a good review source?

I would STRONGLY recommend you rent one first. I have 150 acres and
have rented three of them in the last 30 odd years. I wouldn't have
purchased any of them, but the only one that was any good was pretty
big - 35 hp tow behind units powered by a big diesel. I think once
you rent anything, you'll see that unless you use it commercially,
renting is fine. If you use it commercially, you'll buy something big
anyway. The smaller units ( 10 hp) are all pretty crappy - you'll
spend more time clearing the machine than you will chipping.
--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com