Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ben Micklem

Default MILA locks

in article , vortex2 at
wrote on 23/5/06 14:48:

"Ben Micklem" wrote in message

snip
The cylinder you took out was a 40/50 (lengths in mm to the middle of the
cylinder form each side), but from the wear/dirt marks, it looks like it
was
sticking out 5mm or so from the front of the handle, and a bit more on the
inside (not so important).

Did the locksmith mention anything about this, and does the new one fit
flush to the front of the handle? You could fit a 35/45 cylinder, I would
have thought. This reduces the ease of 'snapping' (breaking cylinder with

snip

Yes I did get a shorter one on his recommendation....but also because he did
not even have a 40/50 in stock!

Good to hear it, you're much better off with the shorter one.

Ben