Posted to uk.d-i-y
vortex2

Default MILA locks

"Ben Micklem" wrote in message
in article , vortex2 at
wrote on 23/5/06 11:21:

The job is done, locksmith is the only local place with stock AND ability
make extra keys.

I wanted one immediately because daughter lost her key with address
information too. I have probably paid a tenner more than I could have
done
online but hey-ho.......I'm relaxed about it.

The cylinder you took out was a 40/50 (lengths in mm to the middle of the
cylinder form each side), but from the wear/dirt marks, it looks like it
was
sticking out 5mm or so from the front of the handle, and a bit more on the
inside (not so important).

Did the locksmith mention anything about this, and does the new one fit
flush to the front of the handle? You could fit a 35/45 cylinder, I would
have thought. This reduces the ease of 'snapping' (breaking cylinder with
wrench)- though it can still be done if the handles are smashed/levered
off
first.

Ben

Yes I did get a shorter one on his recommendation....but also because he did
not even have a 40/50 in stock!