Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Indirect Pandora Heatbank and Man Micromat/Boiler compatability

Thanks Andy, I slightly misunderstood the wiring side of things. DPS
confirmed that the cylinder stat used is a Danfoss ITC 100 and that it
does operate on a low voltage which can be fed into the low voltage
rail of the boiler (I also checked the specs on Danfoss' website).
Interestingly I considered opting for 2 stats to avoid unecessary
cycling but the techie chap at DPS suggested that on a priority system
you would be better off having the boiler fire up asap to bring the
store back up to temperature and therefore 1 stat would be better
suited?

As regards the RE2132 controller I wonder if you could give me your
view on it's necessity as re-reading your previous posts suggested that
the outside weather compensator and TRV's on the rads would do a
satisfactory controlling job of the heating side of things? SWMBO
likes the ability to override/amend temperatures so the boiler in the
loft doesn't lend itself well to frequent adjustments so some form of
remote controlling is desired, however, potentially the RE2132 is a
little over the top for my application and a more mainstream solution
(Honeywell CM67 is favoured by Eco Hometec) would be better suited?
Cost is a consideration but not a major factor in the overall cost of
the the whole system if the functionality of boiler is better suited to
the RE2132?

Thanks
Robin